This World Is Not My Home

I'm just a passin' through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. In the meantime, we are so thankful to be in the center of our Lord's will and for the blessing of serving our Saviour and the people of Bible Baptist Church for the last 35 years here in Kalispell, Montana. This blog is a way of keeping in touch with our extended families, church family, and friends far and wide. We feel so blessed by each one of you and what you mean to us. We are thankful for your prayers over the years and especially now. More importantly, we encourage every one our fellow Christian soldiers to "hold the fort". Use both the joys and trials to tell others of God's amazing grace. It is our desire to give Him the glory in all things. "Wave the answer back to heaven, by Thy grace, we will"

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Note From John

There is not a more helpless feeling than seeing someone you love in alot of pain. As I watched the paramedics and fire dept, cut my dad out of the car, I could only pray that he was alive. As he was being pulled out of the vehicle, the first thing I noticed was how tightly he was clutching his big bible. As much pain as he was in, he had made the effort to locate and hold on to, as tight as possible the one thing that would bring him comfort.

When the paramedics were able to get my dad positioned on the board, to secure him, I was able to hold his hand and let him know that I was there. The first that he said to me was, "John, I don't think we are going hunting this year". I smiled and agreed...."No dad, I don't think we are".

I recently have been struggling with the price tag of a new rifle for my son. So much money for something you use once or twice a year. My son had endured a full week and a half of hunter's education, from 6-9pm each night, to be able to go hunting this year. I have shot several elk in my life, and dozens of deer. I cannot remember all of them, as a matter of fact, I have forgotten many, but I can tell you that the first deer I shot, was with my dad. The first elk I shot, was with my dad. Thanks Dad, for all of the memories. Last night, I saw the look on my son's face, as he held his very first rifle, I knew that them memories and time together, would far outweigh the price tag.

I would encourage everyone to do the following 3 things today:
1. Pray for someone
2. Be a blessing to someone
3. Cherish the time you have with your family

No comments:

Post a Comment